Chapter 1 General Provisions
Article 1 (Purpose)
Article 2 (Definitions)
The definitions of the terms used in this Agreement shall be as follows :
- “Member” refers to a person who agrees to the Agreement, signs a service agreement with the Center, and is given a user ID.
- “Service Agreement” refers to all contracts concluded between the Center and the Member in relation to the use of the Service, including this Agreement.
- “User ID” refers to a combination of letters and numbers set by the Member and approved by the Center for identification of the Member and service use.
- “Password” refers to a combination of letters and numbers set by the Member to verify the identity of the Member and User ID.
- “Administrator” refers to a person appointed by the Center for overall management and operation of the Service.
- “Termination” refers to the cancellation of the Service Agreement by the Member.
Article 3 (Effect and Change of Terms)
- The Agreement shall become effective upon the notice through the service page, or by using other methods, to Members in accordance with appropriate procedures.
- The Center may change the terms of this Agreement without notice in the event of any special reason, and the changed terms shall be notified to Members without delay.
Article 4 (Other Terms and Conditions)
The matters not specified in this Agreement shall be subject to the provisions of other related laws and regulations depending on the type of service provided.
Chapter 2 (Service Agreement)
Article 5 (Establishment of Service Agreement)
- The Service Agreement shall be established when the Member agrees to the Service Agreement and the Center approves the Member’s request for service use.
- By clicking the "I agree" button, a Member is regarded as agreeing to the below Service Agreement.
Article 6 (Request for Service Use)
- Request for service use may be completed by filling out the Center's membership application form online.
- All Members must provide their information to use the Service. Members who do not enter the correct information, provide someone else's information, or register false information cannot claim any rights in relation to the use of Service and may be punished according to the relevant laws and regulations.
Article 7 (Approval and Restriction of Request for Service Use)
- The Center shall approve the request for service use upon the receipt of completed application in accordance with the provisions of Articles 5 and 6.
- The Center may suspend the approval if any of the following true :
- If the member information is incorrect
- If the request is made for the purpose of violating laws and regulations or hindering the well-being and order and morals of the society
- If the request is made for the purpose of illegally using the Service
- If other application requirements set by the Center are not met
- The Center may suspend the approval until the following reasons for restriction is resolved :
- Insufficient capacity in the facilities
- Technical issues in the Center
- Other reasons attributable to the Center that may make approval difficult
- After completing the membership registration process, the Center may withdraw the consent for Service Agreement if it finds the reasons for each item of paragraph 2.
Article 8 (Changes in Terms of Agreement)
In the event that the information provided at the time of request for service use is changed, the Member should make such change online and take responsibility for any problems that may arise due to the failure to do so.
Chapter 3 (Obligations of Contract Parties)
Article 9 (Obligations of the Center)
- The Center shall not disclose or distribute Member's personal information collected in relation with the provision of Service to third parties without the consent of the Member, unless requested by a government agency under the provisions of laws such as the Framework Act on Telecommunications, or requested for investigation of a crime, or requested by the Information and Communication Ethics Committee or other procedures in accordance with other relevant laws and regulations.
- The Center may create and use statistical data on personal information of all or part of the Members in relation to business operation within the scope of paragraph 1.
- The Center shall immediately repair or restore any system error or loss to provide continuous and stable Service, unless there is an unforeseen circumstance.
Article 10 (Obligations of Members)
- Members shall provide true and correct information when applying for the membership or modifying member information. In the event that the information entered is verified as false, the Member shall not be able to claim any rights related thereto.
- Members shall not engage in any of the following when using the Service :
- Act of using another member’s ID and password dishonestly;
- Acts of copying, publishing, or broadcasting information acquired from using the Service for the purpose other than service usage, or providing the information to a third party without prior consent from the Center;
- Act of infringing copyrights of the Center and third parties, or violating other rights;
- Act of distributing information, writing, or figures that can disturb public order and good morals of the community;
- Acts that are objectively judged to be associated with crime; or
- Any other act in violation of the relevant laws and regulations
- Members shall comply with the matters stipulated in the Agreement, and other regulations and notices set by the Center.
- Members shall not be allowed to conduct business activities using the Service without prior consent from the Center, and the Center shall not be held responsible for the results of such business activities.
- Members cannot transfer or donate the right to use the Service or other status in the Service Agreement to another person, or provide it as collateral unless the Center has explicitly given its consent.
Article 11 (Obligations Related to the Management of User ID and Password)
Members are responsible for managing their own user ID and password. Any consequences resulting from neglecting the management shall be borne by the Member and the Center shall not be held responsible for such consequences.
Chapter 4 (Use of Service)
Article 12 (Service Access Time)
- The Center shall make the Service accessible for 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, unless there are any business-related or technical concerns with the Center precluding such use. The Center may suspend the Service on the day or hour prescribed by the Center for regular inspection, expansion, and/or replacement of the system, and such temporary suspension of Service due to planned activity shall be notified through the Center’s website.
- The Center may temporarily suspend the Service in part or whole without any prior notice in the event of unforeseen circumstances, such as emergency inspection, expansion, and replacement of system, facility failure, and blackout.
Article 13 (Member’s Posts, Etc.)
- Posts refer to articles, photos, and various files and links created and posted by Members while using Service.
- The Center may temporarily suspend, modify, delete, move, or reject the registration of posts without prior consent of the Member in case of the following :
- If the content severely insults or defames other Members or third parties;
- If the post distributes or contains links to content that violates public order and morals;
- If the post contains advertisement for profit;
- If the post is objectively recognized as being associated with a crime;
- If the post infringes other Member’s or third parties' copyrights or other rights;
- If the post is considered as inappropriate for the nature of Service because it contains personal political judgment or religious opinion;
- If the post violates principles prescribed by the Center or is not in accordance with the nature of the bulletin board;
- If the post is judged to be in violation of other related laws.
Article 14 (Copyrights of Posts)
- Copyrights and other intellectual property rights of posts or works created by the Center belong to the Center.
- Copyrights of the posts created by a Member when using the Service belongs to the Member, and the Center cannot use the post without the consent of the Member. However, if for non-profit purposes, posts registered by Members may be used for free even without the permission from Members within a reasonable range in accordance with fair practices allowed and stipulated by the Copyrights Law.
- Members cannot use, process, or sell the information obtained by using the Service for commercial purposes.
Article 15 (Provision of Service)
The Center may provide information deemed required for Service usage in the form of e-mail, mail, SMS, or phone to Members. In the event that the Member does not want to receive such information, he/she may request withdrawal from the mailing list at the service application menu or membership account information change menu.
Chapter 5 (Termination of Agreement and Service Restriction)
Article 16 (Termination of Agreement and Service Restriction)
- 1. When a Member wishes to cancel the Service Agreement, the Member must request the Center for termination online (e-mail).
- The Center may terminate the Service Agreement without prior notice or suspend the use of Service for a fixed period in case the Member performs any of the following :
- In case of stealing another member’s ID and password;
- In case of interfering with operation of Service intentionally;
- In case the registered name is not Member’s real name;
- In case the Member double-registers with a different ID;
- In the case of intentional dissemination of content that disturbs public order and morals;
- In case the Member plans to or uses Service for the purpose of hindering the national interest or social public interest;
- In case the Member damages the reputation of others or disadvantages others;
- In case the Member transmits large amount of information or advertisement for the purpose of interfering with the stable operation of the Service;
- In case the Member infringes the intellectual property rights of the Center, other members, or third parties;
- In case there is a request for correction from an external agency such as the Information Communication Ethics Committee, or when the voter's interpretation is requested by the Election Commission in connection with an illegal election campaign;
- In case the information obtained by using the Service of the Center is reproduced, distributed, or used commercially without prior consent of the Center;
- In case the Member fails to notify the intention to resume the use of Service within the period specified by the Center after the Center notifies that the Member account has turned into a dormant account;
Chapter 6 (Damages and Other Matters)
Article 17 (Damages)
The Center shall not be held liable for any damages incurred to Members in connection with the use of Service provided free of charge, unless it is attributable to intention or negligence of the Center.
Article 18 (Indemnification)
- The Center shall be exempt from the duty to provide Service in the event of natural disaster, war, or other force majeure that prevents provision of Service.
- The Center shall not be held responsible for damages or loss incurred due to unavoidable reasons, such as repair, replacement, regular inspection, or construction of facilities for Service.
- The Center shall not be held responsible for loss or hindrance to Service due to reasons attributable to Members.
- The Center shall not be held responsible for any failure or loss of the Member's expected profit from using Service, and for any loss caused by information obtained while using the Service.
- The Center shall not be held responsible for the reliability and accuracy of various information posted by Members on Service, including data, facts, etc., and shall be exempt from liabilities related to damages caused by other data obtained through Service.
Article 19 (Notification)
The Center may notify its Members by sending notification to the e-mail addresses provided by Members or replace the e-mail notification by posting the notification on the notification board for five (5) days or more.
Article 20 (Jurisdiction and Governing Law)
- Matters not specified in this Agreement are subject to relevant laws and commercial practices of the Republic of Korea such as the Telecommunications Business Act.
- In the event that a lawsuit is filed for a dispute arising from the use of Service, the district court where the Center is located shall have the jurisdiction.
The Agreement shall be effective from March 1, 2020.